4/16/10

A trip "Moms in Paris" - Introduction

The idea was born one nice summer day. I saw a very cheap flight option from Riga to Brussels, and I knew that Brussels is just a quick train journey away from Paris. I have been in Paris couple of times before, but my mom hasn't. And somehow I thought - wouldn't it be nice to take her on a trip. I shared the idea with my friend and she happily joined me in the idea, so I bought four tickets - two daughters and two moms. 

It was perfect. We stayed in an amazing flat owned by Mr Jerome, who is a true Parisian, loves life, art, cooking and many other things. His apartment was charming, peaceful and beautiful - a perfect start and basis for our trip. 

And it was located in the beautiful Latin district - just a 15 min walk away from Notre Dame de Paris, and just around the corner from the famous Rue Muffetard - a street and a district that is one of the oldest and most famous street markets in Paris. Ernest Hemingway used to live in that area for a while. 

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely memory! And I LOVE that flower in your hair, just so chic and french :-) I have a friend who lives in Paris and always pushing me to visit her...I've never been in Paris before but I think this summer I will finally visit her! I've heard so many great things about Paris and I can't wait to see it with my own eyes.

    Hope you have a great weekend! Cheers: Evi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Eve!
    Yes, definately go for it, Paris is absolutely amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos and story. This is a dream of mine, I'd love to do this too someday. Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks, Kelly! And you know - dreams do come true. You just have to really want it and trust in God in everything :)

    ReplyDelete